Sunday, April 10, 2011

Summertime

How long has it been? A month? Two months? Damn, it's a little over 3. I haven’t blogged in a while. So much has changed, but so much more has stayed the same –and I’m still kind of lost. I think it’s all part of growing up, the “figuring out what I truly want in life” thing. Yeah, I’m still growing up. Shut the hell up.

A couple of days ago, a random old man asked me to define life in a few words. I fell for it and tried to come up with a brilliant answer to impress him. In the end, I wanted to punch his face for ensnaring me in a situation where I’ll eventually put myself in an awkward setting. Who on earth can define life in a few words? The delineation of life goes beyond mere living, and what’s beyond mere living is something that’s individually defined. I can’t even tell a story of how great of a person I am, how much more confine life in the succinctness of a few words? I know it’s pretty ambitious but it’s my dream to, one day, make myself unpretentiously believe that I’m a great person.  Don’t give me that sour face. This ain’t United States where you get taxed for virtually everything.

Fact: In Seattle, dead bodies are taxed $50. If you don’t have $50, you can’t die. Wait, whaaat?

Another thing to celebrate about, I managed to curb myself in the narrows of my house for a couple of days. Thanks to the fact that THE best friend went to Manila, thus, relieving me from the pull of “going out and meeting new people is awesome.” But he’s back now. It would take some brutal wrestle of temperentia and desiderium to balance things out.

Before I go, you might want to see how majestic summer sunset in the tropics is. There yah go. A shot from a non-professional so expect the beauty to be raw. 



That’s it for now. Ciao :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment